Question: What is SSRS?
SQL Server Reporting Service(SSRS) is a server-based report generation software systems from Microsoft.
Question: Why SSRS is used?
- Generate variety of reports.
- Admin use web based interface for generate the report.
- You can create very rich reports (Tabular / Matrix / Graphical/Interactive)
- Export in variaous format like Excel, PDF, word etc.
- It is faster and cheaper.
- Efficient reporting
- Security integrated
Question: Explain the Reporting Life Cycle of SSRS?
- Development of Reports: Design the reports by Developer.
- DBA Analyse: DBA check the security and schedule the time for generating the report.
- Report Delivery: After generating the report DBA check the list and handover to appropriate person.
Question: What are the Reporting Services components?
- Report Designer: Design the report.
- Report Sever: Execute the Report.
- Report Manager
Question: Difference between SQL Server Reporting Services and Crystal Reports?
|SQL Server Reporting Services||Crystal Reports|
|SSRS have a report server||Processed by IIS|
|SSRS is available for Report history snapshots.||Caching is available through cache server.|
|Custom Label NOT available.||Custom Label are available|
Question: What are different types of roles provided by SSRS?
- Content Manager
- My Reports
- Report Builder
Question: What are the three different part of RDL file?
Question: What is RDL?
RDL is a file extension for an XML file used in SSRS.
MIME type: text/xml
Question: What are the different types of data sources in SSRS?
- Microsoft SQL Server
- SQL Server Analysis Service
- SAP Net weaver BI
- Report Server Model
Question: In Which format we can export SSRS Reports?
- Tiff Image
Question: What is report snapshot?
It is instance of a report for future reference and its save in server.
Question: What is Tabular Report in SSRS?
Simply display the data using table.
Tabular report is the simplest Report of the SSRS Report.
Question: What is a Matrix in SSRS?
Matrix allows us to create crosstab reports with the variables on rows and columns.
Question:What is Query parameter in SSRS?
SQL Qery can be accepted as parameters.Query parameters begin with the symbol i.e @.
Question: What is the chart in report?
Chart reports are for graphical representation of reports. pie charts and 3D chart are also available.
Question: What are data regions?
Data regions are report items that display repeated rows of summarized information from datasets.
Question: What is Report Builder?
Report Builder is a report authoring environment for business users.
Question: What are alternatives of SSRS at free of cost?
- Jasper Reports
- Business Intelligence Reporting Tools
Question: What are the Types of SSRS?
- Parameterized reports
- Ad hoc reports
- Clickthrough reports
- Drillthrough reports
- Linked reports
- Snapshot reports
- Cached reports
Question: What is Data Set in report?
It is set of data which we want to show in report.
Question: What is the report model project?
It is used to create Adhoc reporting.
Question: What is RS.exe utility?
It is used for deploying the report on report server.