Question: What is SVN?
Subversion is an open source control system which is used to trace all the changes made to your source code.
Question: List out what all things should be stored in SVN repository?
- Source Code
- MySQL Queries
- Database Updates
- Project regarding important files
- Product Documents
- Minutes of Metting and Imp Email
Question: How to add SVN file?
svn add filename.php
Question: How to add SVN folder?
svn add foldername
Question: How to get Updates from SVN Repo
Question: How to delete file from SVN Repo?
svn delete filename
Question: How to get SVN Info?
Question: How to get SVN Log for a file?
svn log testFile.php
Question: How to check for modifications?
svn status -v PATH
Question: Difference between SVN commit and SVN update?
SVN commit:: Push (upload) the local changes to Repository.
SVN Update:: Get (download) the Repository changes files to local system.
Question: What is use of Revert in SVN?
Revert your local changes.
It have two types
1) Local Revert: It will delete all changes from files which you made after updates and before commit.
2) Repo Revert: Upload the changes to previous Repo.
Question: List out what is the best practices for SVN?
- Work from your own local work-space
- Commit small autonomous changes
- Use comment
- Validate the files you are committing, you actually changed
- Take Update before commit to the Repo.
Question: How to apply a patch in SVN ?
First we need to "Create Patch" by making changes and generating the .diff file. Then this .diff file can be applied to the new Code base using "Apply Patch".