Wordpress is opensource content management system where you can add/update/delete contents from admin section. Content may be text, images or videos etc.
Question: What is Wordpress?
Wordpress is Content Management System which have robust admin section. From Admin section you can manage the website text/html, image & videos etc. You can easily manage pages & posts. You can set meta title, meta description & meta keywords for each post. It gives you full control over post & pages .
Question: Is Wordpress opensource?
Question: What is current stable version of wordpress?
4.1 released in November 20, 2014
Question: What kind of website can I build with WordPress?
WordPress was originally developed as a blogging in 2003 but now it has been changed a lot. you can create personal website as well as commercial website.
Following types of websites can be built in wordpress:
- Informative Website
- Personal Website
- Photo Gallery
- Business Website
- E-Commerce website
Question: From where you can download plugins?
Question: From where you can download themes?
Question: What is Hooks in wordpress?
Hooks allow user to create WordPress theme or plugin with shortcode without changing the original files.
Question: What are the types of hooks in WordPress?
Following are two types of hooks
A) Action hooks: This hooks allow you to insert an additional code.
B) Filter hooks: Filter hooks will only allow you to add a content or text at the end of the post.
Question: What are positive aspects of wordpress?
- Easy to install and upgrade the wordpress
- In-built SEO engine and you can manage the URL and meta data as per your requirement.
- Easy to themes and plugins
- Multilingual available in more than 70 languages
- Can be do customization as per requirement
- Lots of free/paid themes/plugin available
Question: What is the default prefix of wordpress tables?
wp_ is the prefix for wordpress but you can change at the time of installation.
Question: What is WordPress loop?
The Loop is PHP code used by WordPress to display posts.
Question: What are the template tags in WordPress?
Template tags is a code that instructs WordPress to "do" or "get" something
Question: What are meta tags in wordpress?
Meta-tags are keywords and description used to display website.
Question: How to secure your wordpress website?
- Install security plug-ins like WP security
- Change password of super admin OR other admin
- Add security level checks at server level like folder/file permission.
Question: How many tables a default WordPress will have?
Following are main table in wordpress:
Question: How to hide the top admin bar at the frontend in WordPress?
Add following code functions.php
Question: How to hide Directory Browsing in WordPress from server?
Add following code in htaccess file
Question: How to display custom field in wordpress?
echo get_post_meta($post->ID, 'keyName', true);
Question: How to run database Query in WordPress?
$wpdb->query("select * from $wpdb->posts where ID>10 ");
Question: What types of hooks in wordpress is used?
1)Following are Actions hooks:.
has_action() add_action() do_action() do_action_ref_array() did_action() remove_action() remove_all_actions()
2)Following are Filters hooks .
has_filter() add_filter() apply_filters() apply_filters_ref_array() current_filter() remove_filter() remove_all_filters()
Question: How can you backup your WordPress content?
WordPress admin -> Tools -> Import
Question: List most commonly functions used in wordpress?
- wp_nav_menu() :- Displays a navigation menu.
- is_page() :- to check if this is page OR NOT, will return boolean value.
- get_the_excerpt() :- Copy the excerpt of the post into a specified variable.
- in_category() :- Check if the specified post is assigned to any of the specified categories OR not.
- the_title():- Displays the title of the post in website.
- the_content():- Displays the contents of the post in website.
Question: What are the file structure in wordpress.
Following are main files which used in wordpress
- index.php :- for index page.
- search.php :- For display the search result page.
- single.php :- for single post page.
- page.php :- display the static pages.
- category.php :- Display the category page.
- tag.php :- For display the tags page.
- author.php :- For display author page.
- taxonomy.php :- For display the taxonomy archive.
- attachment.php :- For managing the single attachments page.
- header.php :- For managing top part of page.
- footer.php :- For manage bottom part of pages.
- archive.php :- For archive page display.
- 404.php :- For display 404 error page.